Mon, Aug 21|
LONE PINE TACTICL Situational Awareness & Teen Dating
This situational awareness and teen dating class is a specialized program designed to educate teenagers on developing and applying situational awareness skills in the context of dating and relationships.
Time & Location
Aug 21, 2023, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Pocatello, 7804 W Katsilometes Rd, Pocatello, ID 83204, USA
About the event
This situational awareness and teen dating class is a specialized program designed to educate teenagers on developing and applying situational awareness skills in the context of dating and relationships. This class aims to empower young individuals to make informed decisions, recognize potential risks, and maintain their safety while navigating the complexities of teenage dating.
- Introduction to Situational Awareness:Defining situational awareness and its relevance in various aspects of life, including dating and relationships. Highlighting the importance of being aware of one's surroundings, people's behavior, and potential threats.
- Understanding Teen Dating:Addressing the unique challenges and dynamics of teenage dating. Discussing healthy relationships, boundaries, and the importance of mutual respect and consent.
- Recognizing Red Flags:Identifying common warning signs of abusive or manipulative behaviors in a dating partner. Understanding the difference between healthy disagreements and harmful conflict.
- Communication and Consent:Promoting effective communication skills to express feelings, concerns, and boundaries. Emphasizing the significance of obtaining enthusiastic and ongoing consent in all interactions.
- Digital Safety and Online Dating:Educating teens about the potential risks of online dating and social media interactions. Providing guidelines for protecting personal information and avoiding potential dangers.
- Trusting Intuition:Encouraging teens to trust their instincts and gut feelings when something doesn't feel right. Discussing how to act on those feelings and seek help if needed.
- Self-Defense Techniques:Offering basic self-defense strategies that teens can employ in case of emergencies. Highlighting the importance of seeking safety first and using physical self-defense only as a last resort.
- Bystander Intervention:Training teens to recognize when their friends or peers might be in unsafe situations. Equipping them with techniques to intervene and support friends while maintaining their own safety.
9. Q&A and Open Discussion:Allowing students to ask questions and share their thoughts and experiences openly in a safe and non-judgmental environment.
By combining situational awareness with essential knowledge about healthy relationships, communication, and personal safety, this class empowers teenagers to navigate their dating lives with confidence, respect for themselves and others, and a heightened awareness of their surroundings. It also helps them build strong foundations for future relationships and equips them with valuable life skills beyond their teenage years.