Sat, Nov 18|
Idaho Enhanced Concealed Carry
the Idaho Enhanced Concealed Carry class was designed to provide residents of Idaho with the training required to obtain an enhanced concealed carry permit. The enhanced permit allows individuals to carry concealed weapons in more locations than a standard concealed carry permit in Idaho.
Time & Location
Nov 18, 2023, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Pocatello, 7804 W Katsilometes Rd, Pocatello, ID 83204, USA
About the event
- Eligibility Check:Before enrolling in the class, participants typically need to ensure they meet the eligibility requirements for an enhanced concealed carry permit in Idaho. These requirements often include being at least 18 years old and not having certain criminal convictions or mental health issues that would disqualify them.
- Classroom Instruction: The class usually includes classroom instruction covering various topics related to firearm safety, laws, and responsible carry. This may include:a. Firearm Safety Rules: Emphasizing the fundamental rules of firearm safety, such as treating every firearm as if it's loaded, keeping the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, and keeping the finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.b. Idaho Firearm Laws: An overview of relevant state laws and regulations regarding concealed carry, use of force, and self-defense.c. Use of Deadly Force: Discussion on the legal and ethical aspects of using deadly force in self-defense situations.d. Safe Storage and Handling: Instruction on safe firearm storage and handling practices, including keeping firearms away from unauthorized users, children, and safe storage solutions.e. Firearm Fundamentals: Basic firearm operation, marksmanship, and shooting skills.f. Conflict Avoidance and De-escalation: Strategies for avoiding confrontations and de-escalating potential conflicts to prevent the need for firearm use. Live Fire Range Qualification:Participants are typically required to demonstrate their proficiency with a firearm by completing a live fire range qualification session. This may involve shooting a specified number of rounds at designated targets within a certain time frame and distance.
- Legal and Ethical Considerations:Instructors often discuss the legal and ethical responsibilities associated with carrying a concealed weapon. This may include scenarios where the use of force is justified and situations to avoid.
- Certificate of Completion:Successful participants typically receive a certificate of completion, which is required when applying for an enhanced concealed carry permit from the Idaho Sheriff's Office.
- Permit Application Process:Instructors may provide guidance on the application process for an enhanced concealed carry permit, including the submission of fingerprints, background checks, and associated fees.
- Ongoing Training:Many instructors encourage ongoing training and practice to maintain proficiency and firearm safety awareness.
Please keep in mind that the specific content, requirements, and format of Idaho's Enhanced Concealed Carry classes may vary slightly depending on the training provider. It's essential to check the latest information and requirements from the Idaho Sheriff's Office or relevant authorities to ensure compliance with current laws and regulations.
- Ticket type
Idaho Enhanced Concealed Carry
the Idaho Enhanced Concealed Carry class was designed to provide residents of Idaho with the training required to obtain an enhanced concealed carry permit. The enhanced permit allows individuals to carry concealed weapons in more locations than a standard concealed carry permit in Idaho.Price$75.00
+$1.88 service fee+$1.88 service fee